The Internet is a part of everyday life for education, business and social interaction. The school has a duty to provide children with quality Internet access as part of their learning experience and is an entitlement for children who show a responsible and mature approach to its use.
- We aim to equip children with the skills and knowledge to use technology appropriately and responsibly.
- We ensure that children learn in an environment where security measures are balanced appropriately with the need to learn effectively.
- We teach children how to recognise the risks associated with technology and how to deal with them, both within and outside the school environment.
- We are knowledgeable of the fact that our children use the Internet widely outside school and therefore need to learn how to evaluate Internet information and to take care of their own safety and security.
- We ensure that pupils are aware of the potential e-safety risks associated with the use of ICT and mobile technologies, and that pupils feel able and safe to report incidents and abide by the school’s e-safety rules.
- We provide opportunities for parents/carers to receive e-safety education and information, to enable them to support their children in developing good e-safety behaviour.
http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk - educational material
Meet Jessie & Friends!
We are delighted to announce the launch of Jessie & Friends, our new online safety education resource for 4-7 year olds.
Based on a series of three fun, age-appropriate animations, Jessie & Friends follows Jessie, Mo and Tia as they view, share and game their way towards a safer future online.
The animations are accompanied by:
- a catchy song, storybooks and posters
- a detailed resource pack with engaging learning activities on key topics including trust, consent, and healthy and unhealthy online behaviours, plus guidance on safe and effective delivery of Jessie & Friends
- advice for parents and carers on using Jessie & Friends to start a positive, age-appropriate online safety conversation with their child
We are delighted that Jessie & Friends has been awarded the PSHE Association Quality Mark in recognition of the high-quality, safe learning opportunities it provides.
All Jessie & Friends resources for professionals can be downloaded here, and you’ll find content for parents and carers here.
Look out for Jessie, Tia and Mo in the media today! Please do search for #JessieAndFriends and add your voice to help us get the word out to more parents and carers and professionals who work with children.
We hope you like the new resources and look forward to your feedback, and that of the children you work with.
The CEOP Education Team